ASAP Webinar: Translating Business Strategy into the Right Portfolio of Alliances
June 7, 2012
ASAP Members, join us for a new webinar, Translating Business Strategy into the Right Portfolio of Alliances.
Alliance groups are regularly asked to determine when, where, and with whom to partner in order to achieve a critical business objective. Far too often, partners are chosen because they have a big name, an existing business relationship with the company, or some personal relationship that exists between senior executives.
Unfortunately, these are rarely the right partners to seek out to achieve the business objective, and failure, or at least great frustration, ensues. Taking a systematic approach to alliance identification and selection is critical, and having an effective methodology for doing so can make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful alliance function.
Jeff Weiss, former head of the alliance management practice at Vantage Partners, lays out a road-tested process for identifying partners, exploring potential partnering activities and value propositions with them, and ultimately selecting the right partners for implementing the desired business objectives. Webinar attendees will learn how to:
- Define capabilities needed and identify capability gaps
- Assess build/buy/ally options
- Define partner lists by capability required and possible activities for providing the capabilities
- Narrow down partner lists by conducting a four-part due diligence screen
- Develop exploratory scripts
- Make, and align other key parties around, final decisions around partner selection