Director of Marketing and Business Development
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Marketing & Business Development will work closely with the firm’s Go-to-Market (GTM) leaders to define marketing strategies and plans to accelerate revenue growth, oversee execution of those plans, and will develop metrics to evaluate results. This role is currently remote due to COVID.
- Provide advice to the firm’s Go-to-Market leaders as they define overall firm strategy, focus, and key GTM priorities
- In consultation with GTM leaders, design, develop, and implement the firm’s marketing program, including strategic initiatives for business generation and enhancement of the firm’s brand
- Develop key go-to-market messages, in line with above.
- Define metrics and provide continuous reporting to GTM leaders on ROI of marketing investments, efficacy of current marketing activities and tools (e.g., membership association partnerships, third-party conferences, email campaigns, social media, etc.); Recommend changes (e.g., PR budget, website redesign, YouTube, etc.) aligned with strategy
- Create and manage annual marketing budget, subject to approval and oversight by GTM leaders
- Manage small team of marketing staff
- Work closely with delivery staff members to support various marketing and business development activities (e.g., preparing conference presentations, RFPs, etc.)
- Familiarity with professional services environments and a natural affinity for working with a sense of urgency and high level of responsiveness
- Strong listening skills, influencing capability, and professional judgment with an ability to navigate a complex, matrixed system to drive results
- Exacting expectations of oneself and others around maintaining consistently high levels of internal and external client service
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management, and self-motivation; Works with detailed project plans and drives forward to execution
- Insightful strategic innovator with an ability to flex to integrate process and maintain impeccable attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of executive presence, EQ, and experience shifting to work with an array of professional styles at varying levels of seniority
- Flexibility and an ability to work within ambiguity, including managing multiple projects and competing demands effectively
- Tons of energy, drive, grit… with a sense of humor and appreciation for learning and fun!
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; MBA preferred
- Three-five years of experience in a marketing role, with at least 2 years leading a marketing team (ideally in a consulting or a training organization)
- Three-plus years work experience in a business development/sales role (ideally at a training firm) or as a consultant at a strategy or management consulting firm
- Familiarity with the unique nature of professional services businesses
Headquartered in Boston, Vantage Partners serves clients worldwide, across multiple sectors including biopharmaceuticals, healthcare, energy, financial services, high-technology, and manufacturing. We combine three decades of practical experience with an ongoing commitment to thought leadership. Our founders have served on the faculties of Harvard University, the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and have published award-winning books and multiple articles in the Harvard Business Review and other leading journals.
At Vantage, we are a team of intellectually fearless and relentlessly resourceful collaborators. We take our work extremely seriously without ever taking ourselves too seriously. Whether we are gathering Thursday afternoons for a weekly snack time (via Zoom through Covid), gathering offsite for offbeat events to celebrate our annual Fun Day, working together to better our communities as part of Vantage Volunteers, or building skills via regular in-office training sessions, we inspire and support each other to be innovative problem-solvers and stretch our thinking to produce unique insights.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess eligibility to work in the United States
Vantage Partners is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the firm. Please inform Vantage’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org