Training Services Project Specialist
Vantage is seeking to hire Project Specialists with exceptional communication and organizational skills, strong business knowledge, a desire to problem solve and an ability to work diligently, both independently and as part of a team. Working closely with the Training Services (TS) team, this Project Specialist will support projects both internally and for clients located around the world. This person should be curious and eager to learn the nuances of the subjects in which we create and deliver learning programs – including negotiation, influence, and leadership.
He/she should be enthusiastic about learning and relentless in pursuit of producing top quality work (which may, at times, include putting in long hours or working outside of traditional work hours to accommodate clients in other time zones across the globe).
An integral member of the TS team, Project Specialists have responsibilities with all aspects of the practice and will be involved in a variety of activities associated with the firm’s customized virtual and in-classroom training programs for its clients. He/she will be client-facing and experience direct client contact early on. The Project Specialist will work with sales and business development professionals as well as Content Consultants and Trainers. Our ideal candidate is an outstanding team player, highly organized, able to work independently, and comfortable in a dynamic and (at times) ambiguous environment. He/she must be able to think both tactically and strategically about client challenges. Successful Project Specialists are self-disciplined, self-motivated, and eager to learn about negotiation, influence, leadership, and the complexities of relationships across organizations.
Highlights of the Project Specialist’s role will be:
- Project managing distinct projects (both internally and with clients) including creating project plans, scheduling core team meetings, anticipating the schedule of material reviews, driving projects to completion, and meeting all deadlines
- Contributing to the creation of content for client projects, including converting classroom training materials (e.g., slides, activities) for use in virtual programs, developing eLearning modules, and creating course websites for client learning journeys
- Owning virtual training session details, including scheduling virtual sessions, managing communication with session participants, supporting Content Consultants in preparing facilitators, and generally demonstrating a willingness to be creative in problem-solving with internal and client teams to successfully execute on virtual trainings
- Providing a wide range of support to the TS team including conducting research, taking notes, creating presentation material, analyzing data, writing TS content and business development material, and proofreading documents
- Conducting industry research associated with potential and newly engaged clients
- Participating in Training Services team meetings that include discussions around client projects, requests for proposals, new research, books, or articles connected to TS’s work, etc.
- Supporting sales and marketing efforts, including contributing to TS discussions about marketing materials and strategies for service offerings, including the integration of social media and the understanding of trends in corporate learning and development
- Writing core material for Training Services, including case studies/exercises, team bios and diagnostic interview guides
- Supporting research projects by helping with survey design and distribution, participation tracking, data management, data analysis, and report writing
- Moving projects and tasks forward – which often requires working with a fair amount of ambiguity
- B.S. or B.A. degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Work experience, preferably demonstrating interest and familiarity in business and corporate learning and development
- Curiosity — to learn our intellectual property, service offerings, and the corporate learning and development space
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with a commitment to exactitude
- Outstanding oral and written communication. Effectively organizes information and conveys details in a clear, concise manner
- “Problem-solving mindset” with energy for understanding the root cause of challenges and enthusiasm for making improvements to both substance and process
- Strong analytical, organizational, and research skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated approach to learning and mastering skills
- Solid judgment, with an ability to distinguish between circumstances requiring the execution of directions and situations allowing for independent analysis
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Grit and strong work ethic
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Quantitative ability preferred
- Superior PowerPoint capability and proficiency in Excel
- Preferred proficiency in using Zoom, and interest in learning to master other virtual meeting platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Microsoft Teams)
- Interest and excitement in learning to use Vantage’s LMS and eLearning authoring software to create dynamic asynchronous modules
Competitive base salary, excellent benefits and bonus package offered. Applicants must be legally eligible to work indefinitely in the United States.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to: recruiting@VantagePartners.com. Please reference JOB: TS Project Specialist.