Strategic Thinking for SAM Success: Putting "Strategic" Back in Strategic Account Management
Strategic account managers need to be regarded as a trusted advisor to customers, which usually involves engaging strategically with senior customer executives. Doing so requires thinking more broadly, creatively, and deeply about business risks and their causes, about opportunities for expansion and innovation, and about the broad and complex business landscape in which your customers operate. This highly interactive workshop will provide practical frameworks and tools to enhance strategic account managers’ abilities to think and operate strategically, build credibility with executives, and provide strategic insights to customers.
Key topics covered:
- Using big-picture thinking to "connect the dots" and identify non-obvious risks and opportunities
- Employing extended value-chain analysis to uncover new opportunities for, and with, customers
- Improving ability to frame problems in ways that yield new insights about how to solve them
- Avoiding reactive problem-solving, especially in a highly kinetic environment
- Improving ability to consider all potential impacts of a course of action
- Enhancing ability to convert insight into action
If you are a SAMA member and would like to register for the July 25-26 workshop, click the button below.
If you are not a registered SAMA member, but would like to participate in this training, contact a member of our sales and strategic account management team for assistance: we are here to help!
For a flavor of the topics and strategies we will explore in this session, read “Strategic Thinking for SAM Success: How to Put the 'Strategic' Back into Strategic Account Management” (vantagepartners.com) published in SAMA Velocity magazine (Spring 2020).